Located on the north-western edge of metropolitan Melbourne, Keilor Downs College is a single campus secondary school.
The student population and the teaching staff reflect the many different nationalities present in our local community.
The college is recognised for its excellent levels of student achievement and engaging learning environment, and attracts high numbers of local students from the local area.
Our school includes:
- A planned, rigorous 7 – 10 curriculum which develops strong skills across all Learning Areas
- A broad range of Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE) subjects
- Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning (VCAL) to Senior level
- A wide choice of Vocational Education & Training (VET) programs for VCE and VCAL
- A ‘Pathways’ counselling program from Year 10
- A ‘House’ structure for student wellbeing and support
- Dedicated ‘House’ management teams of student wellbeing coordinators
- A range of student leadership programs across all year levels
- A Select Entry Accelerated Learning program (SEAL) for gifted learners
- A Department of Education & Training (DE&T) accredited International Students Program (ISP) with students predominantly from Vietnam and China and
- A sister school program with Shiroi district schools in Japan.
The College offers a broad array of facilities for 21st Century learners and extracurricular activities.
- Up-to-date Science laboratories, Music classrooms and a Gymnasium
- sports and athletics grounds featuring competition-standard turf and synthetic surfaces
- A large air conditioned multi-media library that provides a central resource for academic studies
- A Senior Study Centre, common room and outdoor study space, allowing students to make the most of their study time
- A variety of classroom learning environments that are conducive to self-directed learning for students
- A ‘healthy food” canteen with a diverse menu, catering for a variety of dietary needs.