The Keilor Downs College Library provides:
- a richly resourced learning environment
- a dedicated learning area and separate quiet study room for VCE students
- dynamic learning areas and curriculum resources of the highset standard
- flexible and spacious spaces including a reading area with comfortable chairs
- collaborative learning areas with networked desktop computers.
- before and after school access.
Student access to a broad range of online resources including links to databases, world book encyclopedia, book clubs and curriculum support materials.
- INFINITI Library Catalogue
- Victorian Premier’s Reading Challenge
- World Book
- eBooks @ Wheelers
- ERGO: Research Resource Results
- Historic Newspapers from over the world
- Library Staff Reading Challenge
- Referencing Generator
- SPLASH: ABC Education website
- The Age
- BITS – Audio Books
- Herald Sun News
- Scholarships to Study Abroad
- State Library Victoria
- Brimbank Library
Black & white and colour printers, photocopiers and scanners.
A range of non-fiction books focusing on student curriculum research topics.
Reading collections include:
- Main collection: a wide range of novels for different interests and reading skills;
- Reading Challenge Collection;
- High Interest Collection: graphic novels, recreational reading & picture books;
- Literature Collection: including classics and current prize winning authors to extend the mind and satisfy the most avid reader.
The library is open:
- Monday to Thursday: 8.00am–4.00pm
- Friday: 8.00am–3.30pm
This includes before school, recess, lunchtime and after school.
A Community Facility
The college library is a central learning facility which supports college community forums including hosting authors, speakers, VCE study lectures, careers forums.